Friday 1 May 2009

TV <3

I had a clear idea of what I was going to write about and then I came on the PC and now my mind has gone blank. I guess I could tell you more about the things I like or show you pictures of my recent purchases but I don't have any right now so that's for a later time.. Well what about telling you about my favourite TV programs.. Quite boring probably but they are a small part of my everyday life so I guess they are worth mentioning. B actually thinks I spend too much time watching these programs but I don't care because I like them too much :) Hah.


Wednesday - Gossip Girl at 9.00 on ITV2

I know what you are thinking. Teenage drama. Well that is exactly what it is, just with better clothes and rich people :) I love the fashion and the characters in the program. I think I should probably tell you something about it in case you've never watched it before. It's about the young Manhattan elite who go to school like normal people, have relationship problems like normal people and guard their secrets like normal people, so the conclusion is that they are just like everybody else except they have A LOT of money :)


Thursday - Grey's Anatomy at 10.00 on LIVING

Now this is hopefully a program you know about. I started watching it in Finland way before I came over to England and I was instantly hooked! It is by far the best medical drama on TV! In case you're not familiar with this program then let me tell you a little bit about it. The main character Meredith is in love with Derek, the neurosurgeon at Seattle Grace Hospital and they have a lot of problems they have to overcome just like any other couple. That's what the program is mainly about, although there are a lot of other interesting characters who without, this program wouldn't be as good as it is :)


Sunday - The Hills at 8.00 on MTV ONE

Last but definitely not least is The Hills. Now if you like fashion, good-looking people and relationships, then this is your type of program. It's mainly about Lauren Conrad who tries to juggle fashion school, friends, work and relationships and it's not always easy and painless. She is a very strong person and it's really nice to see someone who was better of financially from the day she was born and yet she isn't spoiled or stupid, she is very smart about everything she does.

Anyway.. These are some of the shows I watch on TV when B isn't home because when it's me and him together, it's usually cooking programs or nature related documentaries :) There is one in particular we like to watch, Barefoot Contessa. She is an American chef showing you how to cook all those amazing things she does but she tends to do this thing where she puts a lot of something in the mix while she explains to only use a drop etc. Hah. It's really funny! Then we also love to watch Bear Grylls when he goes on these life threatening adventures out in the wild. He goes to places no man is supposed to go! Here you can read his own blog!

I of course have a soap I follow, which I'm not too proud of. I don't really know much about the people on the program or what has happened before I started watching it but I watch it almost every day and even though sometimes it's quite stupid and boring, I still want to keep up with what ever happens on it so..

Hollyoaks is the name of this soap I watch and it's about all kinds of people and everyday life as a normal person doing normal stuff. And everything is dramatized and made to look a bit too hard to be real life but if it was just about some people doing their normal routine, nobody would watch it now would they ? Anyway, that's enough of my program details.. Hopefully this was interesting enough to read this far :) Enjoy your weekend and if the weather is nice then DO NOT spend it inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment