Wednesday 20 May 2009

Enjoy the Story !

I don't think I told you that I finished reading that book, Karen Rose - Nothing to Fear. It was like more than a week ago when I finished it but I forgot to tell you about it!

It was a very good book! It's a story that you will read in suspense and you can't put the book down, not even to go to bed or eat! THEN in the end part of the book there is a twist that you DO NOT see coming at all! Because there are no clues given in the book about that incredible twist that makes you go "WHAT?!". It's an entertaining book and I will probably read it again one day :)

Now I've started to read a new book. Jeffrey Archer's - To Cut a Long Story Short. It's a collection of short stories. I've only read two of the fourteen in the collection and so far it's been a pleasurable reading experience. Nine of the fourteen stories are based on true incidents. I wanted to share the first one with you because it is just so amazing in my opinion and I want you all to be able to read it! So here it comes..

This story isn't written by Jeffrey Archer, it's originally been translated from Arabic and nobody knows who wrote it..


Death Speaks

There was a merchant in Bagdad who sent his servant to market to buy provisions and in a little while the servant came back, white and trembling, and said, Master, just now when I was in the market-place I was jostled by a woman in the crowd and when I turned I saw it was death that jostled me. She looked at me and made a threatening gesture; now, lend me your horse, and I will ride away from this city and avoid my fate. I will go to Samarra and there death will not find me. The merchant lent him his horse, and the servant mounted it, and he dug his spurs in its flanks and as fast as the horse could gallop he went. Then the merchant went down to the market-place and he saw me standing in the crowd and he came to me and said, Why did you make a threatening gesture to my servant when you saw him this morning? That was not a threatening gesture, I said, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Bagdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra.



Have a nice evening!






No comments:

Post a Comment