Monday 1 October 2012

Travel Diary Part Five

We made it! All the way from our home in Kokkola, to our home in England. It was a very long journey and we were absolutely knackered at the end of it. The weird part is, that everything went according to plan - all the trains, buses and the flight was on time, and nothing went wrong - I was waiting for something bad to happen, because never has everything gone right without something gone terribly wrong. But nothing happened and we made it in one piece with all our stuff.

We slept for 12 hours, and are now getting used to being back here. We're going into town today, to get some stuff we need - our own toothpaste (don't like the one B's parents have, coz it doesn't foam), towels, shower gels and shamppoos  + things of that nature - and obviously start looking for clothes and stuff we want to take back with us. There's a few things I want to get for the baby and I want to start looking for them today - I have a feeling these two weeks will fly by and we'll run out of time to do anything.

As we expected, it's cold and rainy in England. It was cold and wet in Finland as well, but it's cold inside the house here. Heating costs the earth, so no one wants to keep the house heated all day every day. Personally, I'm loving it, because it's nice and cool going to bed - I hate it when it's hot in the bedroom - that will not be a problem here.

We slept in Bs brothers bed, and I was dead nervous about waking up, because of the shoulder getting sore, but other than my back being a little annoyed with be, it's fine. I don't have other pictures yet, but I'll get some - you'll get these ones I snapped on the plane. After the flight and bus to the train station, we found this nice little bar and grill at the train station, and decided to have a drink (talking about the pictures up there - I can't choose where I place the pics on this app).

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment