Wednesday 24 October 2012

Travel Diary Part Eighteen

A long time coming! Sorry for this fucked up million year long break in the posting, my life has been a bit hectic since getting back from England. I'm truly sorry.

So anyway, Thursday was Blackpool day. We went to one of the biggest tourist attractions in England (I think) and all we got was rain, rain and more rain. The walk from the train station to the Sea Life Center wasn't long, but fuck me did I get soaked! What an awesome way to start the day. But as soon as we got to the Sea Life Center, my frown was turned upside down. It was the first stop on our Blackpool Adventure and I truly put my camera into good use.

We spent a few hours admiring the sharks and smaller fish (I was so impressed by the sharks, I didn't pay that much attention to B telling me the names of the other fish) and after touring on our own, we went on the Behind The Scenes Tour. This really cool guy told us about their breeding system and showed us the quarantined creatures (not sick ones or ones that had anything wrong with them) that were new to the Center and needed to be observed and studied. There was this turtle (B will tell me it's something else, but to me they are all turtles) with the longest neck ever! It was quite freaky.

After the Behind The Scenes Tour it was time to move on. Next stop - Madame Tussauds. It was so fucking amazing. The human-like wax dolls (?) looked so much like the real people, it was insane! I haven't ever met any of them in real life, but comparing photos and the dolls - holy shit. Now I can at least pretend that I've met the celebs or just plain lie to myself - I've got pictures to prove I've sat next to Simon Cowell at the judges tables. We spent a few hours in there and then it was time - once again - to move on.

Next stop - Dungeon. It was forbidden to take any pictures at the dungeon - for copywrite shit - but the experience would have been far less exciting, if I was clutching my camera the whole time. It wasn't that scary, there were a few things that happened that made me (and B) jump - all in all a great experience and A LOT of work has been put into that place and what happens there. I would definitely go again! I especially enjoyed watching B in the torture chair - laugh out loud funny.

After the dungeon - Blackpool Tower and Ballroom. The tower was really high and would have been a fucking awesome thing, but because of the rain - cold and windy. And we couldn't really see that much, but I managed to snap a few decent photos anyway. We didn't stay long at the top and headed back down towards the Ballroom. It was a large, old and extremely beautiful ballroom, which made me wish I was a princess or something, and had a ball thrown in my honour. It was fantastic! There - obviously - was a large dancefloor in the middle, with professional dancers amongst the commoners, and a guy playing one of those 1920s funky piano at the top (also wearing funky clothes). There was a bar/cafe as well, but we didn't stay for a drink, coz they weren't playing our music motherfucker. We left to get food.

We searched for ages for a place to eat, and finally stumbled upon Nandos. They only serve chicken (also different sides obviously but only chicken as meat) at different stages of Hot. B agreed on Medium spicy, but it was spicier than what we expected. The food was amazing and the service good, I would totally eat there again (also not expensive) and recommend it to everyone!

After food it was back to the train station. Tell me dear Blackpool People, why aren't there any signs for the tourists to find their way back to the beloved train station? Obviously it didn't take that long for us to find it, because B is English and I have a very good memory, but others might not be so lucky. Poor tourists. Train ride didn't take that long and I went to bed as soon as we got home. We left early in the morning so we wouldn't be home so late - didn't really work out and we were absolutely knackered.

I will post pictures in a separate post because this app has a tendency to NOT post anything if there are too many photos, and all of this would be lost (YET AGAIN) and I'm not willing to take that chance.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.9

No comments:

Post a Comment