Sunday 3 March 2013

Birthday Girl

So it was my birthday on Thursday. This picture is from my birthday party - which was on the Saturday before my actual Birthday. B had spent all day baking and making sure the house was clean, while I was in work. All my friends and family came and we stuffed our faces with whooppie pies, cupcakes and ice cream. All that candy, sauces and what-not are for everyone to make their own ice cream portions - and it was perfect. It worked out exactly how I imagined :)

I worked Monday and Tuesday but I was off Wednesday (my first day off if you don't count sundays) and I had an amazing day with S, I and J. We went to look at couches, went to the flee market, went for lunch to my favourite restaurant, went bowling and watched horror movies while eating candy. It was an all around perfect day!

Then it was time for Thursday - my real birthday.

I woke up fine and went to work. Nothing was wrong until like 3 in the afternoon, when I started feeling a bit off. But I thought it would be fine and I could deal with it when I got home. So I had lunch with B and a few hours later I went home. We watched some TV, while I started feeling worse. Then it hit me like a wall. I was in and out of the toilet for the rest of the night. I mean - the whole night! It was the most awful I've ever felt and I truly wished for death to come take me away from the pain.

Well I did get a few hours of sleep and then it was time for the doctor. Norovirus - that glorious epidemic sweeping the nation had finally hit our home. This is what I get for working in customer service and having to deal with so many people every day. I spent all day Friday trying to get as much liquids in me as possible, and keep it in, and I was a little better. I spent all day in bed feeling horrible. Saturday was a lot better. I spent nearly the whole day in bed or the couch with horrible muscle pain and headache, but it wasn't such a struggle to keep liquids in. Winning! Today I feel nearly 100%. Not quite there yet. Need to get some food in me, take a shower and drink some more water. But I think it's over. Thank fuck for that.

R.I.P Noro-Virus.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

1 comment:

  1. Synttäritarjoilu oli täydellistä ja HYVÄÄ!!

    ReplyDelete