Saturday 9 March 2013

Never-Ending

That's all I got.


That is what this winter feels like. I remember thinking this same exact thing every year around this same time. It just feels like the spring is just around the corner, and every time you get close, it fucking snows. I remember sitting on the beach thinking about this exact moment - suffering in the cold for months is all worth the warmth of the summer sun and the blue water. Now that thought seems weak. But the sun stays out a little longer every day and that's a good sign - spring is coming.

I started writing this blog post like 3 times, but never had time to finish it at work, and I was going to do it when I got home, but then I picked up the book and completely forgot about everything until it was like 1 o'clock in the morning and I had to go to bed.



I decided I would take a break from the never-ending, difficult to get through book and read an old favourite from the past. When I was young (like 12 or 13) I used to read these Victoria Holt books. They are about women in the olden days who didn't do what they were supposed to do - like get married and not work a job. I read every single one they had at the library, and now I found some of them at a flee market. I got 5 of them. I started reading one of them 2 days ago and I'm nearly finished with it - so it was totally worth taking a break for, because now I'm able to catch up. I think I'd better only read this one, and then get back on that other book, otherwise I'll just give up on that and read all of these Holt books.

It's the last day of work for the week. The only 6 day working week this month is over today! Then it's three more working days until I have a day off - and so does B. We're going shopping. And we're taking S and J with us. It'll be a fun filled day out of this little town of ours. There isn't really anything we need or are thinking of buying, we just want to go and have a look. And it's not too far away but still it's leaving town so it's great :) It'll be good.



I can't wait for the end of the month. Winter holidays and I get to spend some time with the family, especially J! I miss that little rugrat so much and it's been way too long since I got to hold her and let her fall asleep in my arms. 



No comments:

Post a Comment