Thursday 7 January 2010

Let It Snow.

I think I've said this before but I'll say it again. England and snow don't go together. The whole country has gone crazy. No one knows what to do. Schools have closed their doors, shops are shut and people have abandoned their cars. At their drive ways and street sides I mean - they don't know how to drive on roads covered in ice and snow.

To be fair, they don't have winter tires. Oh well.

I took some pics from outside our house to show you what it looks like. Too bad I don't have any video of the people saying they are freezing to death, when it's -5 outside. All I can do is tell them about the record breaking temperature in Lapland the other day. It was in the lines of -36, right ? The coldest day of the year. That's all. The coldest day here was -7 maybe ? I'm not quite sure if it has actually been that cold..


Walking out of the front door yesterday.

Front yard.

Stone wall or what ever, around our house.

The tree outside our house.

Streets everywhere are like this.

Our bus stop across the street. Looks kinda pretty. No buses though.

To be fair, again, they have enough snow to actually pile it up.

Later on when we got home, hubby wanted to do a snow angel. He was freezing to death, according to him, but I took a photo anyway. He didn't stay down long enough to take a photo of him on the ground, but I took a pic of the snow angel. You can't see it that well coz during those 20 minutes we were out, it got dark. England is starting to look and feel like Finland every passing second. Anyway, here's the pic.



Now, looking at this picture, I can't see a frickin' snow angel in it. But it's there, trust me.

I'm sure it's a lot worse in Finland. My home country.

No comments:

Post a Comment