Wednesday 17 April 2013

Training To Be Better

Today has been a knowledge rich day. Many hours of endless learning and doing group assignments. These training days are extremely valuable, even though sometimes it feels like it's repeating itself. Every time we learn something new because we talk to new people and people you've already met before, have new experiences to share. And it's always good to remind ourselves of the things we are supposed to use or say but don't because we might have forgotten. A very good day indeed.

It's also been a very long day. We wouldn't even had finished work by the time we finished this training, but for some reason just sitting down listening and sometimes talking, makes the time slow down. The food we had - awful. I am officially starving at this point and there is still this 2, 5 hour drive to get through before the possibility of food. I don't really know what I'm craving for.. Yesterday we ate chips and I woke up with the most horrible stomach ache. I don't know if it's the chips or not, but that's a strong possibility..

I have some kind of viral infection in my throat. There is something swollen and pain when I swallow. It's quite annoying, but not bad enough to skip work. Hopefully it doesn't spread because at the moment it's only on my right side and I definitely don't want it on my left side. There is some kind of virus going around and it seems everyone is down with it. There were no available doctors appointments the day before yesterday so I had to wait. The doctors office is fully booked.

Yesterday was a quiet day in work, which was fine because we have a complete new system to work with - new everything - and we are all still learning to use the new system. It's a lot easier and faster than the old one but learning how to sell the new stuff is proving to be a bit of a challenge. I should really study it before going to work tomorrow. Also, I wasn't supposed to work this Monday or Saturday but now I am and that's great! More money for me :)

I finally decided on my summer holidays. I'm gonna be enjoying some time off next month for two weeks at the end of the month, one week at the end of July - beginning of August and one week in September. I told my boss I don't care when I have them if I have to take them - he said I have to take them so I decided on spreading it a little here there and everywhere. And yes, I see how someone might read more into that last part.

Anyway, B and I might go on a holiday in September and now we just need to decided where...

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment