Tuesday 11 March 2014

Tampere




So we actually made it out of town this past weekend! We had a little road trip of about 300 km - Subway lunch and off we went. We made one stop at the Cheese Port (loosely translated) to check out all the cheese. Literally shit loads of cheese. What a cheesy place. Anyway, B loves his cheese but never gets to have or eat any because I don't like cheese so we can't really make cheesy foods, also - no room for cheese in our diet - and I wanted him to be able to eat some. The great thing about that place is the fact that you can try all the different cheeses. Nam. We got him some goat cheese and cider and then back on the road again. 

We got to Tampere in the afternoon. Found our hotel very quickly thanks to our trusted navigator (Lumia 1020 - I heart Nokia navigation) and checked in. We left our car at the hotel and went for a walk. It was very close to the big mall everyone said we should go to, so we popped in there first. It was huge - compared to the one (NOTE: the one and only ) we have here and took us a couple of hours to go through. We got some ice cream at this great ice cream bar ( still not sure if it was actually ice cream, could have been some kind of healthier version of it) where you could choose the flavor - marshmallow, white chocolate mousse, chocolate, something with berries or one of the other flavors I don't remember right now. Then there were shit loads of toppings - B got a lot of different ones but I only wanted strawberries and sprinkles (?). It tasted like heaven! Didn't feel like that afterwards but let's not get into that.



We are shit at shopping. Can't shop. Like at all. So we just walked around looking at stuff until we went to the pet shop. One of the best parts of this journey was that visit to the pet shop. It's part of the same chain of shops where we got Frankie from, and they always stock stuff we need. So we got some of that soil we were looking for but no one seemed to have - the woman at the pet shop said that a lot of people had been asking for it, saying they couldn't find it anywhere else - and some of the other stuff we needed, like a lamp (yes, another one) and some calcium powder or what ever that was :) We saw a bearded dragon - B had one back in England, Zeus - and we actually talked about getting one.. I don't know if that'll happen but I'm not completely against the idea.





We then had dinner at the Manhattan Steak House, where I also had my first drink. The food was great and the service was fast. We didn't stick around after finishing our meal, because I wanted to get back to the hotel just to freshen up a little before going out. We wanted to go to a few bars or something, and ended up at the Ale Pub because S recommended the place. We had a couple of drinks there before going somewhere else. We were having a great time, until this drunk out of her mind piece of shit woman came up to me wanting to start a fight. She claimed that I was looking at her from across the room with judgement in my eyes. I was like Bitch Please ( = just sat there saying nothing, looking at her with disbelief) because I couldn't believe someone completely random would come up to me in a bar completely drunk (bear in mind - it was not even 10 pm) and accuse me of doing what ever she thought I was doing. I didn't want to say anything to her, so I ended up translating everything to B and smiling awkwardly at this random woman. Even when she said that life will teach me manners and bullshit like that, I said nothing. I was super proud of myself because normally I would have told her to fuck off and then there would have been a fight.



We then went to this other bar - way nicer and they had Guinness, Stella and Carlsberg on draft so something for the both of us. We had a couple of drinks there and then headed back to the hotel, picking up some unhealthy food on the way. We were actually in bed at around 12 pm so didn't even stay out late - had to get up early the next day and didn't want to be tired.



Got up Sunday morning, had some breakfast and headed out. We wanted to go see the dolphins and before that visit the aquarium and planetarium - yes, we're into that kind of stuff - and we got to see it all and it was amazing! The dolphin show was (obviously) the best and I actually managed to film the whole thing! We watched it back at home that same night, it was that good! Also, I wanted to film it so that I could show it to J :) She might not be interested or she might get bored watching it, but she'll sit through it some day :) After all that fun, we went back into town and back to that shopping mall to get some lunch and also to meet up with H. She was kind enough to come meet us and join us for dinner - even though she didn't eat anything. It was super cool to catch up - it's been such a long time since we got to do that. We didn't stay in town for long and we were back on the road soon enough, heading back home. I thought we might have to stop a few times, because I was drinking a lot of pop but we actually made it all the way home without stopping once! Fuck yeah!

Cats were extremely happy to see us. They had missed us so much! OK, they had missed me :) We were pretty beat so we went to bed early. B was off work Monday so we decided to go into town and visit our (tiny) shopping mall for a look around.. Didn't really buy anything, picked up my parcel from the post office.. And what a great parcel it was! Three out of the four items I ordered, arrived on Monday and I loved them all! I actually kept them all and didn't have to return anything! Actually, there's still that one item coming, so might be too early yet. But we'll see what happens with that.. Should be here by the end of the month. Still waiting on a large order we made with S back in January.. Don't know if we'll ever get that one..

Now it's shower time. Have to wash my hair since I actually getting my hair cut tomorrow - thanks for the gift card guys! You know who you are! I can't wait to do something to all this hair. Still don't know what I want, but it'll come to me tomorrow.. or I'll just swing it. We'll see :) And to finish off this post - here's some pictures of fish.













No comments:

Post a Comment